Monday 7 August 2017

The Foggy Future

Hello All,

Sometimes it feels as if our future is shrouded in a thick, dense fog.

The uncertainty of our future feels unsettling and many of us seek closure to the convoluted issues in our lives.

Very often, we find that many issues remain unresolved, like the unresolved ending of a music piece that does not end on its tonic chord. The cliffhangers we see in movies are often undesirable agonies in real life.



By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

I do not know what lies ahead
The path is cloaked in mystery
A thick fog clouds my weary head
The future spells uncertainty

I craned my neck to get a glimpse
A glimpse of the foggy future
In agony, I sighed and winced
Some things in life can't be insured

I do not know what lies ahead
But God knows every mystery
On Christ, I rest my weary head
To Him, there's no uncertainty


Points for Reflection:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(Isaiah 55:8-9 ESV)
·       We are plagued with uncertainties because we are not omniscient; we are not all-knowing. However, in our uncertainties, we can find great comfort in an omniscient God who is not only all-knowing but loving. It is in our limitations that we find strength in His infinite grace.
·       We may be uncertain about many things in life but we can be certain about our identity in Christ. We who were once God’s enemies have been reconciled to Him through faith in Jesus Christ. We are now His friends and beloved children.
·       Despite the uncertainties we face as we travel along this foggy road, we know our future and heavenly destination.
·       Until then, we wait and hope for things yet unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment