The part of the poem that we will be emphasising on today is highlighted in blue. The black colour text in the poem is a recap of what we have already done last week.
Let us now continue with the second episode of this poem…
'Teach Us How to Pray' (Episode 2)
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (February 12, 2015)
When was the last time you knelt down humbly to pray?
Was it this morning, yesterday or last Sunday?
Was it last week, last month or a few years ago?
Or only when you are face to face with a foe?
Prayer is not as complicated as it seems
It is sharing with God our feelings, needs and dreams
It is responding to our Lord with thanksgiving
As we look forward to the coming of the King
The Lord Jesus Himself showed us how we should pray
The Lord’s Prayer guides us when we don’t know what to say
It reminds us of our dependence on Jesus
To love, strengthen, encourage and provide for us
The Lord’s Prayer begins with, 'Our Father in heaven’
Which helps us to address the God of creation
As, 'our Father', who is sovereign and yet loving
To those He has called, 'Children of the King of kings’
TO BE CONTINUED...
Points for Reflection:
 Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
 Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
(Matthew 6:8-9 ESV)
· Are you able to relate to God as your Heavenly Father?
· Or do you feel like He is just a distant Being who does not play a significant role in your life?
· Many do not realise how wonderful it is to have a Heavenly Father who is not only sovereign and in control of all things but is loving and cares deeply about us, His beloved children.
· If we truly trust that we have a loving and sovereign Heavenly Father, why are we still so worried about the things of life?
· Are there struggles in your life which you can be committing to your loving and sovereign Heavenly Father?