Saturday 30 March 2013

Hope In Trials


Hello All,

As we journey through this life, we are often confronted with the pressures, stress, frustrations and sorrows of our circumstances.

At times we feel like throwing in the towel and seeking some form of escapism from the troubles which plague our waking hours and haunt us with sleepless nights.

No matter how difficult life gets, we know that God is always there to listen to our distress and lead us by the hand every step of the way.

Hope in Trials
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (18th July 2012)



I feel worldly pressures taking their toll
On my feeble body and weary soul
It's hard to trust that God is in control
Of my future which is yet to unfold













Day after day I feel my strength ebbing away
As I journey through endless hurdles along the way
When burdens overwhelm me, I stop to pray
For God to turn my darkness into day













Teach me, Lord Jesus to focus my eyes
On your truth instead of deception and lies
Listen to me, Lord and give heed to my cry
Comfort me in your arms and help me draw nigh













When life floods me with trials and anxiety
It's in Jesus that I find security
When troubles assail me like stormy seas
I know that Christ will lead me to safety. 

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved (Psalm 55:22)

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore (Psalm 121:1-2, 7-8)


Points for Reflection:
·         Do you feel the weight of your burdens too heavy to bear?
·         Why don't you lay your heavy load at the foot of the cross? Draw comfort from Christ, our loving Saviour, who has taken away the burden of sin and given us new life in him.
·         Are there times when you feel that you are walking in this life all alone?
·         Depend on him day by day to take care of you and remember that you are never alone for he is always there to pick you up when you fall. Talk to him about the sorrows of your heart and you will find peace and solace in him.




No comments:

Post a Comment