Monday 22 January 2018

The Bottle and the Sand

Hello All,

I’ve recently started putting tunes into words. This is one of the first songs I’ve written and if you are interested, you could listen to it here.

‘Broken’ and ‘shattered’ are common words used to describe events and relationships that have gone wrong.

Living in a world suffering from the effects of humanity’s rejection of a loving God, we are often relieved during the rare times when things do turn out right. In a world where everything has gone wrong, we find it hard to recognise what’s right.



By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

Broken
It's now all broken
Shattered
It's now all shattered
It's now in pieces
The bottle and the sand

Broken
This heart is broken
Shattered
This heart is shattered
Its unspoken shame
Secrets and disgrace

Broken
This life is broken
Shattered
This life is shattered
It's used and wasted
The bottle and the sand

Yet I see God's loving hands
Working in this vessel
His loving hands are holding
The bottle and the sand

I see the nail-pierced hands
I see the hands of grief
I see the curse He bore
For you and me

I see the hands of love
I see the hands of hope
I see life He's won
For you and me

Jesus
You make the broken whole
Though pain is all I see
The bottle and the sand


Points for Reflection:
[4] He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
[5] And he who was seated on the throne said, ‘Behold, I am making all things new.’ Also, he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’
(Revelation 21:4-5 ESV)
·       Are you disheartened at life’s brokenness? Are you suffering from the pain of broken dreams and relationships?
·       The brokenness in life finds its comfort in the nail-scarred hands of Jesus Christ. He chose to enter a world of brokenness to bring hope and life to all who trust in Him.
·       Have you found comfort in the loving, suffering Saviour who now sits enthroned in the heavens?
·       Come to him with your brokenness and find comfort in His embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment