Monday 15 January 2018

I Can’t Pray Now

Hello All,

Are there times in your life when you cannot find the words to express your feelings?

Are you at a loss for words?



I Can’t Pray Now
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

I can't pray now, but I can cry
I can't pray now, but I can weep
Tears trickle from a cloudless sky
Tears water wounds that run too deep

I can't pray now, but I can sob
I can't pray now, but I can wail
Tears trickle, then gush like a mob
Tears utter deep groans when words fail

I can't pray now, but I can rest
I can rest now in God's strong arms
Tears run dry in these endless tests
But Jesus will shield me from harm


Points for Reflection:
Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
(Romans 8:26-27 ESV)
·       When we can’t find the words to pray, God’s Spirit intercedes on our behalf.
·       That does not give us the excuse not to pray, but it brings comfort to know that God still hears our wordless cries.
·       When the hole you are in is too deep, or the waters too high, do not be afraid to cry out to God. He sees our tears and comforts us.
·       ‘Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused.’ – Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment