Saturday 4 October 2014

The Stillness of the Night

Hello All,
Today’s poem is entitled, ‘The Stillness of the Night’.
What keeps you awake at night?
Many of us experience sleepless nights when our hearts are troubled with worries, sorrow and guilt.
But how many of us actually pour our hearts out to God in prayer during those nights?












The Stillness of the Night
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (17th July 2014)
I hear the rustling of leaves in the wind
The gentle breeze stills the turmoil within
This bleeding heart which bears the wounds and scars
Of memories brought so near from afar

The pain is real; the images are clear
The torment of the past fills me with fear
But in the stillness of the night I hear
The voice of love which bids me to draw near

God said, ‘My grace is sufficient for you
My power’s made perfect in weakness too’
His grace and love has brought me safely through
The torrents; when I knew not what to do

No pain is greater than God’s comforting words
With much trials, more grace and love are offered
I will lean on the everlasting arms
That will comfort and keep me safe from harm

Points for Reflection:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV)
·         Are you troubled by unpleasant experiences of the past?
·         What trials are you going through at the present moment?
·         Are you worried about the future?
·         Why don’t you surrender your burden to the Lord in prayer and find comfort in His infinite love?

·         Do you know of people who are undergoing trials? How could you best support them and constantly point them to the love and comfort of God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment