Some say He was a wise teacher. Some perceive Him as an all-knowing prophet. Others view Him as a powerful miracle-worker.
Who is Jesus Christ to you?
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling
Christ was born not in a palace of gold
He was born in the town of Bethlehem
He was born there, in a stable so cold
In a manger laid the pure, perfect Lamb
Christ was clothed not in fine vestments of gold
He was clothed in thin wraps of poverty
He was clothed thus, in a stable so cold
In a manger laid the frail, weak Baby
Christ was crowned not in the splendour of gold
He was crowned in the shame of mocking thorns
He was crowned so, in Calvary, we're told
On a cruel cross hung the pure, perfect Lamb
Christ was scorned by mocking sinners, we’re told
He was scorned by people He’d come to save
He was scorned so, nailed to the cross of old
On the cruel cross, He died for the depraved
Christ was placed in a tomb so dark and cold
But He rose from the grave and conquered death
He gives us life; more precious than gold
In this Saviour, we find life-giving breath
Do you trust in Jesus’ death to save you?
Have you found life in His resurrection?
What’s keeping you from trusting what’s true?
In the Gospel are truth and salvation
Points for Reflection:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
(John 3:16 ESV)
· Jesus was indeed a teacher, a prophet and a miracle-worker. But He is so much more than that.
· He is God, the Creator of the universe, who chose to save us by becoming one of us. He took on mortality so that He could take the punishment we deserve and die in our place.
· He is the Creator of the world and the Saviour of mankind.
· Who is Jesus Christ to you?
· Do you trust in Jesus’ death to save you? Have you found life in His resurrection? What’s keeping you from trusting what’s true? In the Gospel are truth and salvation.