Monday 27 November 2017

Lost in the Snow

Hello All,

How do we calm the storm within our hearts? How do we soothe the turmoil of our souls? How do we find rest in restlessness?

There are times in our lives when we feel so lost. We do not have the strength to trudge through the chest-deep snow. We are so lost in the deluge of snow around us.



By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

The winter wind cuts through my bones
I pull my coat tighter 'round me
Snow pelts hard against me like stones
I'm lost in the snow around me

The winter wind howls wretchedly
Oh, how do I endure this storm?
Oh, I need someone to save me!
I'm lost in the snow of this storm

The winter wind pierces my heart
I scream in pain and clutch my chest
Snow hit hard against me like darts
I'm lost in the snow of unrest

Am I all alone in this storm?
Is there no one to rescue me?
But hope is starting to take form
I'm lost in the snow of mercy

Why should I fear the howling wind?
My Saviour tells them to be still
I know I'm wretched; I have sinned!
But my heart, with mercy, He fills

My Saviour's blood washes my sin
Until they are as white as snow
Through Christ, I'm glorious from within
His mercy like a river flows

The winter wind still cuts me deep
But Christ is my Shelter and Shield
Though darkness, around my head, creeps
In His hands, my faint heart, I yield


Points for Reflection:
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
(Psalms 42:11 ESV)
·       In the never-ending trials of life, it is natural to lose sight of the hope we have in Jesus Christ.
·       When the wind of despair is howling so deafeningly in our ears, we lose sight of the solid and eternal hope we have in our Saviour.
·       God may or may not remove the deluge of snow in our path. But He gives us the strength to trudge through it.
·       Turn your eyes from the snow and storm to the Saviour who loves you dearly.
·       The winter wind still cuts me deep, but Christ is my Shelter and Shield. Though darkness, around my head, creeps; in His hands, my faint heart, I yield.


No comments:

Post a Comment