Monday 19 June 2017

I Turn to the Lord

Hello All,

Have you ever felt tempted to forsake God? Does the Christian life seem too hard to live out?  

Are your desires for that forbidden fruit consuming you?

Has your heart been wandering away from God? Has your love for God grown cold?

  
I Turn to the Lord
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

I turn to You, Oh Lord
My strong shield and sword
You keep me safe when I’m in fear
Your love and grace draw me near

You are my dearest friend
One whose love knows no end
When all fails, You do not
Guard my frail and anxious thoughts

I’m sorry for my failures
I’ve wandered from your pasture
Lead me back to flowing streams
Where waters glisten and gleam


Points for Reflection:
For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
(1 Peter 2:25 ESV)
·         The grass always looks greener on the other end. Wandering from God’s pasture may seem like an easier and more exciting option. But trust me, it never is.
·         Why do we wander from the loving Shepherd, Jesus Christ, who laid down His life to redeem gullible sheep like us? There’s a reason that God describes us as gullible sheep instead of elegant stallions.
·         Sheep often wander away from safe pastures and find themselves trapped in a thicket or confronted by their ferocious prey. It is the Shepherd that guides us to safety and seeks us out when we have wandered from the flock.
·         Isn’t comforting to be reminded about the loving forgiveness of our Shepherd and Saviour, Jesus Christ? When we have wandered away from Him, He is always urging us to return to Him through the gentle rebuke of a friend, a heartfelt sermon from a preacher and most of all, His Word that glistens and gleams like living water that nourishes our souls.
·         Don’t wander away from the Shepherd, but turn to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment