Monday 12 September 2016

My Weak and Weary Cry

Hello All,
There are times in our lives when we have hardly any strength left to carry on.
Our resources have run dry and we are just so tired.
Tired of meeting life’s demands. Tired of motivating ourselves. Tired of being strong.
But it is in our weakest moments that God’s strength is most evident. Even if it does not look that way. Even if it does not feel that way.


My Weak and Weary Cry
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (30 June 2016)

Dear Lord, please hear my weak and weary cry
My prayers I utter with a mournful sigh
I have little strength left, please strengthen me
Answer my prayer in Your love and mercy

I'm a wounded gazelle who leaps no more
My feet are wounded, weary and sore
Heal my wounds, O Lord; help me leap again
My vigour and vibrancy, help me regain

You are faithful; though I can't see it now
You'll deliver me; though I don't know how
Strengthen my hands to hold on to You
Help me, in this darkness, to pull through

Points for Reflection:
But God said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV)
·         Are you weak and weary? Are you tired of being strong?
·         God’s grace does not condemn us for lack of faith, strength and vigour when we are weak but it comforts us and reminds us of God’s strength.
·         Even when we doubt His goodness, He will strengthen whatever little faith we have left in Him, though it be weak and feeble.
A bruised reed God will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench.
(Matthew 12:20a ESV)

·         Take each day one step at a time and do what you can. Plead with God for strength and mercy. Lean on His everlasting arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment