Monday 2 October 2017

Buried in the Sand

Hello All,

Are there relationships, items, sinful habits, and memories that you find hard to let go of?

Are those elements weighing you down and keeping you from moving forward?

There comes a point in our lives when we have sufficiently grieved the loss of something and we know that it is time to move on. It is time to bury it in the sand.

It’s immensely difficult to part with elements that we have grown so attached to. It feels as if we are cutting off a part of ourselves.



By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

It’s all buried in the sand
Fresh, wet soil falls from my hands
It now has no hold on me
Jesus Christ has set me free

It’s all buried in the sand
Pain, the past, fall from my hands
They now have no hold on me
Jesus Christ has set me free

It’s all buried in the sand
Shame, my sin, fall from my hands
They now have no hold on me
Jesus Christ has set me free


Points for Reflection:
“And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, Christ has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him”
(Colossians 1:21-22 ESV)
·       As believers in Christ, our sin and shame have no hold on us. Christ died in our place and took God’s punishment for our sin. He has buried our sin and shame in the sand.
·       Because of His death and resurrection, we are now clothed in His righteousness. We have hope and new life in Him. He has set us free.
·       There are times when we lose sight of the wonderful hope and freedom we have in Christ. We lose sight because we are still living in a broken world and we suffer from the effects of the Fall.
·       But let us be reminded that the pain in this life is only temporal for we can look forward to the day when we will see God face to face and enjoy Him forever.
·       Are there elements you need to commit to God and bury in the sand?


No comments:

Post a Comment