Monday 15 May 2017

My Hope and Joy

Hello All,

Can joy and sorrow coexist?

Can we find hope and certainty in times of despair and uncertainty?



My Hope and Joy
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling

Out of the depths of my heart, I cry
Tears are falling like rain from the sky
I can't awake from this lethargy
My heart and hands are weak and weary

By God's grace, my hands can still do work
From my duties, I did not shirk
In hopelessness, God's hope sustains me
In weariness, I need not worry

I do not know what lies ahead
But this I know - Christ rose from the dead
My hope in Him is sure and certain
My joy in Him flows like a fountain


Points for Reflection:
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:17-18 ESV)
·         Our hope in Christ goes beyond the temporal things of this world.
·         Because Christ has risen from the dead, our hope in Him is sure and certain.
·         Despite the overwhelming sorrows of our situation, we can find deep joy in the hope that we have in Christ.
·         That hope is something that no one and nothing can take away from us.
·         Pray that God will give you the strength you need to face the day ahead. May He lift the burden of sorrow from your heart.
·         When tears are falling like rain from the sky, let us look up to the One who holds the world in His hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment