Worrying is a common habit of many. There are some who are more prone to worrying than others.
However, no one in this world is spared from the anxieties and cares of this world. No one can say that they have never felt anxious or worried about anything. They may worry less in comparison to others but they are not ‘worry-free’.
Are you feeling worried? If so, what are you worried about?
You may not be feeling worried right now. But what do you usually worry about?
What are the things that distract you from enjoying the company of your loved ones, the cool breeze against your face or the gentle pitter-patter of rain at twilight?
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling
Worrying is hard not to do
It's all too natural for you
You have many things to do
Those things are piling up on you
There are words to say, bills to pay
Tension is increasing each day
But worrying just does not pay
It adds no hours to your day
'Worry not about tomorrow
For each day has enough sorrows'
The One who knows your tomorrow
Speaks soothing words to your sorrows
TO BE CONTINUED…
Points for Reflection:
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
(Matthew 6:34 ESV)
· Many inspirational quotes emphasise on the brightness of tomorrow and on how we can overcome the challenges that tomorrow brings by sheer will power.
· But there are many times in our lives when we dread the burdens of tomorrow. We push through lives with gritted teeth and clenched fists. And then we wonder to ourselves, ‘What is the meaning of life? Is this all there is to life?’
· We have no control over what happens tomorrow. Although it is possible to steer the elements of our lives in our favour, we’ll have to admit that the outcome is often unpredictable.
· But there is One who knows our tomorrow. God holds our lives in His hands and He cares for us. He is the Creator of the universe and He is asking us not to worry about tomorrow but to commit the future into His sovereign hands.
· Jesus never minimised the problems that we face in this world. For He says, ‘In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.’
· Are you anxious about tomorrow? Why don’t you bring your anxieties to God in prayer? Tell Him what you are worried about and ask Him to give you the peace of mind to commit the future to Him. Find rest in Him and do not let the worries of tomorrow rob you of the blessings of today.