Saturday 8 November 2014

My Future Hope

Hello All,
There are times when we can find no words to describe the depths of our sorrow and pain.
There are seasons in life where death seems like a better alternative; a route to freedom from the agony that we are facing.
But it is in Christ’s death that we find life; it is in His despair that we find hope; it is in His sorrow that we find joy.










My Future Hope
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (13th Aug 2014)
There are no words that can describe the way I feel
There is a pain my heart seeks to conceal
I just cannot continue this fight anymore
I want to exit this pain through an open door

But as I lift my sad and weary eyes to look
At my beloved Saviour who suffered and took
My sin, shame and sorrow as he hung on the cross
I know He loves me and I am no longer lost

Dear Jesus, help me to lean on Your loving grace
Let me find comfort and solace in Your embrace
I look forward to heav'n, my eternal dwelling
Where sorrow, suffering and death have lost their sting

Points for Reflection:
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
(Psalm 42:11 ESV)
·         Are you in the depths of despair? Are you haunted by the hurts of the past and troubled about the cares of the future? Are the burdens of the present too much to bear?
·         Why don’t you lay all your heavy load before Jesus Christ as you unburden your heart to Him in prayer? Find comfort in the future hope that you have as those who have been saved from death and judgment through Christ.

·         If you have not placed your trust in your Jesus Christ, what is preventing you from believing in such a wonderful Saviour and Comforter?

No comments:

Post a Comment