Saturday 13 September 2014

Living in the Present: Here and Now















My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!
(Psalm 119:28)

And I say, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest;
(Psalm 55:6)

Living in the Present: Here and Now
By Joanne Liaw Sook Ling (23rd March 2014)
Based on Henri Nouwen's 'Here and Now: Living in the Spirit'
A myriad of thoughts are resounding in my mind
Tired and drained; I want to leave them all behind
A thousand voices are echoing in my ears
They convey things I wish I did not need to hear

Tears gush freely like the pouring of heavy rain
They flow from a heart filled with emotional pain
I ask myself, 'Why is this flood not receding?'
'And why is this torrential storm not abating?'

If I had wings to flee from this present moment
I will escape from the hurts and disappointments
Which are left unspoken and sealed safely under
A smile, some laughter and in short - a safe cover

And yet I see the reaching out of helping hands
Through their kindness and love, they help me understand
And catch a glimpse of God's love to broken people
His grace assures and comforts me in my struggles

God will give me the strength at this present moment
To face failures, rejection and discouragement
Which hurt but are refining tools that God allows
To help me depend on Him in the here and now

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46:1)

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40:31)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

(Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment